☆1 out of 5!!!!!☆

Do you know that contact lens made of a kind of plastic?

So you should put them into recycle or plastic garbage bins.
It is a very very tiny little thing as they are but small things make a big difference.

For example, I am one of the contact lens wearers and I might use 2 lenses every day. At the end of the year, I might put 730 lenses into a garbage bin.
Oh! What a huge number it is!

 Recently, I read the article about contact lenses and I was really surprised at it.
Related article: コンタクトレンズを「ごみ箱以外に捨てる」が2割…

The article said that one 5th of lens users in Japan may throw them into another place other than bins.

OK then, where do they put them away?😒

They might throw them into a wash-baisn or flush them at a toilet according to the article.

My jaw was dropping🙀 because I never thought about that kind of things.
I sometimes put them into framable garbage bins but I never threw them into a wash-basion or the toilet.🙅

I estimated the number of lenses consumption with Internet data.
The number of wearers would be estimated 18 million in Japan.
The number of lenses that we will use in a year would be 13 billion pieces if we use them daily bases.🙀
Then, they will be microplastic in the ocean.
One 5th of 13 billion means a huge amount of lenses that I cannot imagine.🙀

Nowadays, environmental and sustainable problems are always hot topics.
Why aren't you aware of these problems; such as separating garbage properly, avoiding single-use plastic and thinking about the environment.😢

If you use contact lenses, please put them into appropriate bins after using!🙏
And also wraps and cases should be separated properly.

Thank you for your cooperation!💖


Comments