☆First trip in ages☆

It's also been a while I wrote a blog, I took Summer vacation for the first time in this organisation I have worked for since this April.

I took 3 days off. So my vacation was 5 consecutive days including Saturday and Sunday.

However, during this time of period of the pandemic, what can I do?

I decided to go to Karuizawa with my daughter. It is not so far from here and I seldom stay at a hotel. 

Now, the government promotes Go To Campain and we can save up to 35% of the travelling cost. So I decided to spend 1 night at a hotel in Karuizawa.

Hired a car as always

On the way to

The first day, we went to Komoro which is famous for Soba-noodle in Nagano prefecture. Before eating Soba-noodle, we visited the Nunobiki-Kannon temple.

I thought we had to climb up the steep path to the temple. However, Google map led us there with an animal-trail-like-path, just one car fitted width.

In the sake of Google map, we didn't have to climb up. I could say nothing about which was correct, though.

This temple was located in a unique position which was under or inside a huge rock and also it was on the cliff.

Actually, this cow is the God, led a very ugly minded woman from here to Zenkoji-temple. Nunobiki means leading with a cloth and that was one of the reasons why this temple was called Nunobiki-Kannon temple.




I couldn't look down because of height phobia.


I thought it was a small version of Kiyomizu-temple in Kyoto.

Anyway, it was really beautiful and spiritual.

After visiting the temple, we went through the animal path again and went to the Soba-noodle restaurant, so-called "Sobakura Chojian."

It was so historical, wasn't it?


I ate walnut soba, dipping the source with walnut. It was so delicious.

Then, we visited Komoro Kaikoen Castle Ruins Park. Only the stone foundation remained but it was a good place because calm, clean, and beautiful sighted.






Steam locomotive


We headed to the Hotel Wellies which was located at Karuizawa.


I'm going to show you how special this stay was later.

to be continued.




Comments