☆Winter cleaning☆

There is a word, Spring Cleaning, in Australia or other western countries but we have a word, "Winter cleaning" in Japan, which means house cleaning at the end of the year, "nenmatsu oosouji" in Japanese.
https://www.mastercleaningmelbourne.com.au/our_services/spring-cleaning/
I always thought about why we had to clean a house in the coldest season of the year. Of course, the end of the year is one of the big breaking points, which divides this year and next year. It is somewhat reasonable to clean up all dust accumulated in one year and it will be a new fresh year after the cleaning.

However, I don't like to clean outsides of windows in cold winter so I always do it in spring. We have a short break from the end of April to the beginning of May, "Golden Week." The weather tends to be good for cleaning.

When I was in Melbourne, I noticed for the first time that everyone in Australia did the cleaning in Spring so-called Spring Cleaning. And it was more reasonable to clean in Spring rather than Winter as I had been thinking.

I should be more flexible and adopt a new idea!

Since I was in Melbourne for more than a year and I had not cleaned the windows, they were very dirty and could not see outside clearly. Then, I decided to clean and wipe the windows. Only windows. At that time, the weather was really good for cleaning and I totally sweated.

Now, I can see outside very clearly!

Comments