☆Liquorice☆

Do you know Liquorice?
(https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/eating-much-liquorice-can-cause-11856236)
Yes, it is a sort of gummy and black and sweet. Most Japanese don't like it because of its appearance and medicine-like taste.
However, liquorice is popular in Western countries including Australia.
I saw so many kinds of liquorice confectionery at supermarkets in Melbourne.
When you walk into the confectionery corner, you can easily find a variety of liquorice products.
https://dlea.com.au/range/liquorice

I didn't quite understand why they are so popular as I am Japanese. So I searched for the benefits of liquorice.
Licorice is a herb that people have used for thousands of years to treat a variety of ailments. Some of the benefits are skin inflammation and infection, stomach discomfort and ulcers, hepatitis C, tooth decay, and sore throat.
Oh! So many benefits there are!
Why don't I try some?

There were various choices and I picked this one because of the appearance.

At first, it's strong taste attacked me but it's sweetness made it mild. It is not so bad as expected. I can eat it.
Actually, it does look delicious and colourful but too sweet for me.
So, I tried another one.
I brought this back from Melbourne and eat one by one slowly because I never get this in Japan.

It depends on each person what he/she likes or what he/she dislikes.
Every Japanese doesn't always like NATTO.
The same is true of Liquorice.

Respect individuality.

By the way, Darrell Lea is a very famous company of liquorice confectionery and it has a quite interesting history.
If you are interested in it, why don't you check its website?
https://dlea.com.au/about
The liquorice product was accidentally created!

Comments