☆National S'mores Day☆

Did you know that 10th August was a National S'mores Day in 2019?
To be honest, I didn't know that and moreover, I didn't know what S'mores were.

"S'mores" is a shortened form of "Some more" and a kind of sweets, and it was said that the origin was that a Girl Scout group made s'mores when camping.
First, roast marshmallows and put chocolate together and some more! Yes, sand with two pieces of graham cracker!

Coincidentally, I drank S'more frappuccino of Starbucks on 10th August.
After that, I coincidentally watched a YouTube video about "National S'mores Day."
So, I wanted to share this information here.


In Japan, we call the middle of August as "Obon" and a few days during "Obon" tend to be the hottest in summer. It was said that ancestors religiously come back during "Obon." The day of the end of WWII is 15th August. Atomic-bomb Days of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are 6th and 9th August.

August is the hottest month and at the same time, August has many deeply meaningful days for Japanese.

I always walk in a park in the morning. I found the beautiful cool place, Japanese garden during the hottest summer.

Even though it is a holiday season, there was no one other than me.
There is a Japnese style Cafe and they provide Japanese traditional tea and sweets, Wagashi.
The other day, I ate Ramen. It's been a while since I ate this Ramen last time here. This place provides reasonable basic food include Ramen and Gyoza-dumpling. I really enjoyed the basic Ramen.
My nearest supermarket will close next month. It will be very inconvenient to buy everyday stuff such as groceries and miscellaneous goods.
And also, there is a Takoyaki shop called "Gindako" providing a good quality Takoyaki.
*Takoyaki: a ball-shaped Japanese snack
This might be the last time to eat it.
Crispy outside and melty runny outside.
Oh! I have to find another shop!

By the way, I'm going to come to Melbourne next week.
See you guys in Melbourne!

Comments