☆Royal Exhibition Building☆

One of the iconic buildings in Melbourne is the Royal Exhibition Building. It is famous for not only a beautiful architecture but also the preservation of the 19th-century building as an original purpose.


I've been inside the building once before when a design market was held here. So I knew how beautiful the building was.
This time, I joined the guiding tour, which provided a lot of tips and information about it. And also I added that the guide was so knowledgable and talked about it using very understandable English. I really enjoyed it, even though it was a concise version because there were exams of Melbourne University students. I was also surprised at this place was used as that purpose, too.


It is also amazing that this building was built with mostly wood material and it has been surviving from a fire because of the natural air circulation.
There are some arches inside the wall, and they make the building strong enough standing for about 140 years.


If you have a chance, I highly recommend joining this tour.

By the way, I love this car, which installed at the entrance hall of the Melbourne Museum. This was Deliverette, which was a delivery van, in 1947. Its power was BMW twin-cylinder motorcycle engine. I really want to have this! So cute and practical!

This is a kind of trivia. This painting was drawn to show the image of the first Federal Parliament, which was opened in the Royal Exhibition Building.

Museum Victoria Collections. Retrieved from https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/articles/13325

You can see the painter of this painting inside the red circle.
I also found a video about the Royal Exhibition Building. Please check it if you want.

After visiting here, I went to Sandringham beach where we went with my guiding tour. I've already missed everything I did.

Comments