☆Museum and Library☆

Recent a few days after finishing school, I went to museums and a library.
One of the museums that I haven't been before was Melbourne Tram Museum.
I wanted to go there but they are open only 2 days a month, so I hadn't made it.
I finally went there and found that it is a really fantastic place.
I joined the guiding tour which provided interesting facts and information.
There were so many trams which run from the 1890s to the 1960s. The first tram was a cable tram which was moved by cables on the ground. The driving techniques were very difficult and interesting.
There was a director on a tram at that time and he/she sold tickets. The checking system for both customers and directors was so interesting. It was a bit complicated and I cannot explain though.
And also big motors affected the height of tram floors. The floors at that time were so high that it was very difficult people, especially women, to step in.
I highly recommend going to this museum.

The next museum is one of my favourites, the Melbourne Museum.
Because I am a student, I can enter this museum for free.
Moreover, they always provide new things that I'm really excited.
The most interesting exhibition this time was about our guts. I knew about guts (intestines) a little bit but the exhibition provided a huge amount of information about intestines; how long they are, what the role is, how food affects the intestine environment, and the fact that they affect our mental and personality.
It was very difficult for me but at the same time, I was really interested in it.
I went there with my ex-classmates who studied at an English college this time and we ate dinner out together at China Town.
The food was delicious and the museum was really interesting.

I always use the school library and the State Library. However, I saw an article about the beautiful architecture of libraries and I was impressed. So, I decided to go there before going back.
The Bunjil Place Library
It was a kind of public complex building; a library, a theatre, studios, kids' spaces and cafe.
The wooden unique architecture was so impressive.
Even though it was a weekday, there were so many people who enjoyed reading, chatting, playing, and resting.
Because we have earthquakes in Japan, we don't have these types of architecture. In Melbourne and suburb areas, there are so many beautiful architectures. It was one of the reasons why I love Melbourne. 

Comments